With Election Day just days away, we are hearing more and more people — on both sides of the political spectrum — discussing moving to Canada if the candidate they’re voting for does not get selected for the oval office. Before you make any rash decisions about leaving the country, here are a few tips you’ll need to know:
- Have a job lined up — Find work in Canada, this is imperative to securing your VISA.
- Be prepared to have a serious amount of immigrations paperwork completed.
- Customs and day-to-day life is different, for instance —
- Canada uses the Metric system
- Brush up on your French — while many people speak English, there are many who prefer to stick with their heritage. It would be wise to learn key phrases quickly.
- Be prepared to like ketchup on your potato chips and mayo on your fries — it’s a thing.
Of course there are many more differences, as well as a few similarities, too. Check out this article from Realtor.com for some additional insight.