The buzz lately has been all about Tampa Bay. We’re not just talking football, either. As exciting as it may be- home team getting to play the Super Bowl at their home stadium, etc.. And, not to mention, the last time the Bucs won a Super Bowl title was in 2003. Flash forward 18 years: suddenly it’s 2021, we’ve gone through lots of changes since then – not too mention a global pandemic and Tom Brady left the New England Patriots…he’s now the QB for Tampa. The changes also, subsequently, have to do with the housing market in the Tampa Bay Area. In December of 2020, Tampa Bay-area homes were flying off the market in ..”about 10 days, and buyers paid top dollar, according to Florida Realtors’ latest report.” [Source: AXIOS.com, 2021] The cause? Low interest rate which are at a historic low. If you’re a first-time homeowner, you’ll want to jump on this – and quickly! In Hernando county (Spring Hill, Spring Lake, Brooksville, Bayport, Ridge Manor, Pine Island, Istachatta, Weeki Wachee, Nobleton, Lake Lindsey, Wiscon, Hill n’ Dale) townhouses and condos went under contract in less than a week. Single family homes went under contract in less than 2 weeks. Realtor.com annual housing forcast expects Tampa metro to be “among the top areas for both year-over-year- price growth and sales growth.” [bizjournals.com] Here’s a few things we love about living in Tampa Bay:
- Water Street: Love to walk? And in lots of sunshine? The 2.5 Riverwalk is a path connecting arts and culture alike – shopping, dining & more.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Current exhibitions include The Highwaymen: A group of African American artists who were known for paintings of Florida’s beautiful natural environment. Living Color: The Art of the Highwaymen.
- Jobs, Jobs and More Jobs: According to livability.com, Tampa has been ranked 4th in job opportunities with an unemployment rate below state and national average.
- TECO Line Street Cars: These iconic cars run through downtown Tampa to Ybor City from 7-7, making transportation fun and easy.
- The weather (but you knew this already!) Warm temps mean lots of outdoor opportunities from kayaking to sporting events. We’ve got it!
Looking to move to Tampa? Let’s talk!