As we’re approaching the holidays, we often look for ways to spruce up our home and make it feel more cozy for the anticipated family and friend visits during the season. Here are a few simple and inexpensive ways you can accomplish this.
- Essential Oils — diffuse comforting scents throughout your home, such as cinnamon and clove. These are well received this time of year and give that “homey” feel.
- Books — strategically stack books on your coffee table — take the hardcover sleeves off for a more elegant look. These also act as great conversation pieces!
- Moroccan seating and meditation pillows — these are great ways to offer a less expensive, yet comfortable option for guests and they also give off a more inviting feel.
- Choose a deep wall color — sprucing up your rooms with a darker paint offers a more comfortable, getaway feel. Choose lighter pops of color as accents on your sofa.
- Artwork — cover your walls with multiple mediums. Be it photography, paintings, textiles, or otherwise, this choice will give off a lived-in and comfortable vibe to all those who visit. It also offers insight into your personality.
What are some other ways you make your home more cozy and inviting? We would love to hear from you! Email us.