We have viewed and shown many houses over the last few months. During this time, we have been able to get a good grasp on popular design trends in the most beautiful homes. Here are a couple we wanted to call out, in the event you’re looking to renovate and redecorate.
- Formal dining rooms: More and more people are keeping their formal dining room just that. Gone are the days that people transform their dining room into an alternate space, such as an office or otherwise. Among the formal dining rooms that we have viewed, many of them contain white, and neutral color tones, giving a most elegant and modern look and feel.
- Workhorse islands: People have opted for grand islands, featuring prep sinks, extra storage, plenty of seating and more.
- Sunrooms: this is such an added benefit for many. Enjoying the outdoors, without being fully outdoors. The perfect way to curl up with a cup of coffee with your morning newspaper.
- Statement bedrooms: Think beyond paint colors here… we have viewed bedrooms with added architectural details such as a rustic wooded accent wall, mirror mosaics and more.
- Technology-free living rooms: Many people are realizing they’re spending way too much time in front of a screen. As such, they’ve decided to remove TV’s from their traditional living room spots. Think minimalist on the technology front and more living spaces with custom bookshelves, which act as decor.
These five elements are the most common, across the homes that we’ve seen as of late. Are you noticing specific design trends and like to share? Email Nicole@daltonwade.com. We would love to hear from you!